Pink Mold? What is Pink Mold?
In the mold world, pink mold is known as Aureobasidium and can be found indoors and outdoors.
Anyone can be affected by pink mold, but infants, pets and the elderly are more likely to experience more severe symptoms. It is important to locate the problem quickly, and have it taken care of in a timely manner.
Preventing Pink Mold
In order to keep the pink mold from reappearing, there are some helpful tips you can use to prevent its return. You can leave the door or window open for at least 15 minutes to let the moisture out. Also, use your bathroom’s fan or purchase one to help dry out any liquid. This will prevent the moisture from accumulating on other surfaces.
Also, wipe down your shower since pink mold thrives on leftover soap and shampoo. They act as food for the bacteria. One thing you should always do is be diligent about checking for broken leaking pipes or any accumulating water. This goes for any location in your house. Keeping the air moving and getting rid of stagnant water is the best way to prevent pink mold.