Portable Classrooms and Mold
It is very common for school districts to be faced with the growing student population and how to keep up with accommodating classroom space for students. Portable classrooms are typically the immediate resolution as they are a low initial cost to the school budget and are temporary fix. Though more often than not, they become part of the schools permanent fixture.
Although portable classrooms are easier for town taxes there are raising concerns about the healthfulness of portable classrooms
The most common problems with portable classrooms include:
- Poorly functioning HVAC systems that provide minimal ventilation with outside air
- Poor acoustics from loud ventilation systems
- Chemical off-gassing from pressed wood and other high-emission materials, which may be of greater concern because of rapid occupancy after construction
- Water entry and mold growth
- Site pollution from nearby parking lots or loading areas
A real concern is exposing students and teachers to mold and mildew. SERVPRO of Framingham is here to help. Please call us at 508-370-4400 if you suspect mold in your business, school or home and we will safely remedy the situation.