SERVPRO of Framingham Shares What You Should Do to Your Home Before Fall Starts
It would be amazing if all you needed to prep your home for fall was hang a wreath and decorate cute pumpkin decor. There are important preparations that come with being a homeowner. Consider everything you need to know before your house transitions to cool fall nights.
- Clean your gutters: If they're clogged, you can end up with a flooded interior and damaged exterior.
- Check for drafts: Weatherstripping is simple and probably the most cost-effective way to keep heating costs down
- Drain your outdoor faucets: Drain and disconnect all garden hoses from outside to prevent any water freezing.
- Bring your outdoor furniture in: If you want to get another summer season out of it you should store it in a garage or shed.
- Change your filters: If your filters are clogged, it's harder to keep your home at the temperature you want it to be. Clean these filters monthly.
- Change your batteries: Once a year you should be checking to make sure all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide devices are working.
SERVPRO of Framingham is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with commercial damage. “Like it never even happened.”