SERVPRO of Framingham Explains Summer Storm Safety
Summer is just around the corner it can also bring the threat of dangerous storms. There are ways to reduce your lightning risk while outdoors.
Buildings such as offices, schools, and homes have good protection. Once you are inside, stay away from windows and doors. Make sure to stay away from anything that conducts electricity.
If you have no safe shelter anywhere nearby, the following actions may reduce your risk:
- Never shelter under an isolated tree or utility pole; these areas tend to get hit easier.
- Get off hills, mountain ridges, or peaks.
- Get out and away from ponds, lakes, and water.
- Stay away from objects that conduct electricity.
- Don’t lie flat on the ground.
Make sure to monitor the weather and postpone or cancel outdoor activities when thunderstorms are in the forecast. Always make sure that you are safe at all times; even if your building is damaged. We are here to help you with the damage that can be caused by storm damage.
SERVPRO of Framingham is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with residential damage. “Like it never even happened.”