SERVPRO of Framingham Shares The Top Eight Reasons For Fires
Fires can happen, though they can be impossible to prevent, there are still some important factors to understand. The key to fire prevention is knowing the most common causes, so you can help prevent it as best as you can.
Here are the top eight causes of fires:
- Cooking: Never leave a stove unattended. Make sure to keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
- Kids Playing with Fire: Parents should make sure that young children don’t have access to matches, lighters, and easily flammable liquids.
- Smoking: An unattended burning cigarette or even a few fallen ashes on a carpet can ignite a serious fire.
- Heating: Space heaters are extremely flammable; keep them away from furniture and flammable items.
- Electrical: A power cord or faulty extension cord, can have your home in flames in a short amount of time.
- Candles: Always ensure all candles are blown out before leaving the room.
- Fireplace: Unattended fires are the main cause of fireplace-centered house fires.
- Dryers: Dryers are loaded with debris, are highly flammable; this can lead to fires. Remove the lint screen after every use.
SERVPRO of Framingham is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with fire damage. “Like it never even happened.”