SERVPRO of Framingham Explains Ways to Protect Your Home From Flooding
Flooding can happen anywhere at any time. It is hard to prevent flooding, but you can take precautions. It is important to know the flood level of your home first and foremost. Here are tips to help you:
- You will want to make sure to raise switches, sockets, circuit breakers, and wiring at least a foot above the expected flood level.
- Make sure Fuel tanks, air-conditioning units, and generators are anchored above your flood level.
- A flooded sewer system can cause sewage to back up. Make sure to install an interior or exterior backflow valve.
- Raise your home on piers or columns so the lowest floor is above flood level.
- Make sure to have clear gutters, drains, and downspouts.
SERVPRO of Framingham is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with water damage. “Like it never even happened.”