If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (800) 924-8876

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Common Fire Causes

10/17/2021 (Permalink)

A fire can be a devastating loss to anyone. Here are some common causes of fire within your home or business:

Smoking Indoors
Many people smoke in their homes. A fire can be started from a simple ash falling to someone falling asleep with a light cigarette. Smoking in your home is not only dangerous but also damaging to the homes structure.
Unmaintained Dryer Vents
Lint accumulates quickly! Cleaning your dryer vents regularly is extremely important, preferably after or before every load. It only takes one small spark or too much heat for lint to burn.
Faulty Electrical Equipment
Always make sure the wires on your appliances are not stripped or exposed in any way.
Overloading Outlets
Another electrical hazard is overloading an outlet or extension cord. Never plug multiple power outlets into each other
Candles should always be put out when leaving the home. Always make sure they are on a level surface and away from any fabrics or fire starters.
Space Heaters
Space heaters have the potential to be very dangerous. Nothing should be left to close in front or back of a space heater. The unit itself can get very hot, not to mention the air it disperses.
Always keep a fire extinguisher in your kitchen. Many things can go wrong while cooking. Especially with open flame, gas stoves.

If a fire causes damage to your commercial or residential property, please call SERVPRO of Framingham at (508) 370-4400

Other News

View Recent Posts