The Top 5 Causes of Water Damage in the home
Although every water damage situation is a little different, these are the most common causes of water damage in a home that we deal with on a daily basis.
- Broken Pipes & Hoses: Aging pipes, washing machine hoses, ice maker supply lines are common culprits of water damage.
- Accidents! Usually caused by kids! Splashing water out of the bathtub and sending a toy down the toilet will wreak havoc, but will also provide a good story years down the road.
- Sewer back up. This unfortunate mess is usually caused by tree roots invading and clogging drain lines in their own search for water.
- Basement Humidity: The only remedy to hydrostatic pressure and aging infrastructure is to install a dehumidifier.
- Flash Flooding: Mother Nature is unpredictable so it is best to purchase flood insurance if available!