SERVPRO of Framingham Explains What to Do in the First 24 Hours After a Flood
Floods in your building can be devastating; we know firsthand how overwhelming and stressful this can be. However, we have some tips for you to do within the first 24 hours after a flood.
- Take Pictures: Before you remove any water, make sure to document the damage for your insurer by taking photos of the damage.
- Protect Your Health: The water could be contaminated by sewage or household chemicals. If you are staying near the flood make sure to wear rubber gloves.
- Call Your Insurance Company: Notify your insurer soon as possible after the flood. Keep your insurance company and local agent's phone number in your phone for times like these.
- Remove Water: Once you get the approval from your insurer to remove the water, use a sump pump and call a restoration company.
- Mitigate Mold Damage: Mold can happen within 24 to 48 hours of a flood. Make sure to remove wet contents, including carpeting and bedding quickly.
Flooding in your home or business requires professional help. Make sure to call your local restoration company to help get it restored as quickly as possible.
SERVPRO of Framingham is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with water damage. “Like it never even happened.”