SERVPRO of Framingham Shares Ways To Prevent Basement Flooding.
Springtime is a common time for storms and flooding to happen. Flooding can happen after a rainstorm. The most common floods happen in your basement.
Here are the top ways to prevent basement flooding:
- Leaves and sticks get trapped in gutters, it can block the passage of water. Ensure that you clear out debris from your gutters and downspouts.
- Water can get in easily when there are cracks in the foundation. You can fill cracks with a concrete patch.
- Sump pumps help to send water away from the home in basements. Make sure it is in good working condition.
- Install window well to help prevent melting snow and rain from entering your home.
- Bring in a skilled professional; A professional will be able to find vulnerabilities where water damage could occur.
SERVPRO of Framingham is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with water damage. “Like it never even happened.”