SERVPRO of Framingham Provides Shopping Online Tips
Online shopping is the new normal. It’s important to take steps to protect yourself when shopping online especially during the holiday season. There is the convenience of making purchases at your fingertips.
However, it also makes it more lucrative for scammers. They can trick buyers into paying for goods they won’t receive or even obtain personal information.
Here are some online shopping tips:
- Think before you click: Beware of ads encouraging clicking on links. If it doesn’t legit, it more likely isn’t.
- Do your homework: Prior to making a purchase, read reviews and make sure the company is established.
- Consider your payment options: A credit card is much better than using a debit card.
- Watch what you give away: Be alert to the kinds of information being collected to complete your transaction. If the merchant is requesting additional personal information, cancel the transaction.
- Keep tabs on your bank and statements: Be sure to continuously check your accounts. Set up alerts so that if your credit card is used, you will receive a text message.
- Keep a clean machine: Be sure that all internet-connected devices such as PCs, smartphones, and tablets, are free from malware.
- Use secure Wi-Fi: Public Wi-Fi to shop online is convenient, but it is not cyber safe. Don’t make purchases via public Wi-Fi; instead, use your phone as a hotspot.
SERVPRO of Framingham is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with residential or commercial restoration damage. “Like it never even happened.”