Hurricane Season Safety Tips in Framingham
A hurricane can hit anywhere or at anytime. By now, we have been getting major effects from hurricane season and it can cause damage to your home or business. There are some things you can in preparation should a hurricane, or storm weather hits.
- Create a plan with your family: Whether it’s the possibility of tornadoes, hurricanes, or floods families need to be prepared, this can help reduce chaos. A plan should include evacuation routes, emergency numbers, shelter possibilities, and a communication strategy.
- Build a disaster kit: A disaster kit may be different for each family. The kit should have basics: bottled water, non-perishable snacks, flashlights, batteries, sanitation items, important documents, and first aid kits.
- Practice the plan: You will want to practice evacuation routes, where to go for shelter, and memorizing emergency numbers.
- Stay informed: You will want to keep your family safe, so staying informed is critical. When a major disaster occurs, it is advised that everyone should have a reliable resource for emergency alerts: phone apps or emergency radio.
- Tackle storm anxiety: Creating a plan is the first step in tackling anxiety. Make sure to allow your child to talk through their fears and concerns. This can help everyone around, remain calm.
SERVPRO of Framingham is available 24/7 including holidays and weekends to assist you and help you with residential or commercial damage. “Like it never even happened.”