Helping Business Reopen
The COVID-19 pandemic has temporarily shuttered the doors of many businesses across the nation. As states reopen in stages, the top priority for business owners is to take all necessary precautions to protect the health and safety of employees and customers. That will require both ensuring that your facility is cleaned and disinfected, but also that you have procedures in place to keep it that way once your business resumes operations.
Cleaning and Disinfecting Your Building
You should follow your state’s and the CDC guidelines on commercial cleaning and disinfecting. To do your own cleaning, you’ll need to have the right equipment, supplies and PPE for your staff. Identify the high-touch surfaces and heavy-use areas of your facility. Also, you will need to develop clear procedures and training for your staff so that they stay safe and can continue keeping your building clean and disinfected as business operations ramp up.
SERVPRO of Framingham offers our new defensive pathogen cleaning program, Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned for commercial facilities. With decades of biohazard cleanup experience, we are experts at following CDC protocol. We are ready with the equipment, staff and knowledge to thoroughly clean and disinfect your building for your employees’ and customers’ safety. Our Cleaning Protocol Specialist will evaluate your needs and create a tailored program for your property. We even certify your facility as Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
General Reopening Tasks
While safety remains everyone’s top priority, it’s also important to evaluate your business property and determine how to effectively reopen. Although some businesses such as restaurants and medical facilities may require special reopening tasks, these steps will help the return go smoothly for most businesses.
Assess Your Property
Designate a key employee to return to the facility before reopening to assess conditions, document damages and report back to management.
- Inspect the property’s perimeter for signs of trespassing and damage to the property and structure.
- Look for signs of rodent and insect infestation.
- Inspect the plumbing and turn on the water supply line to individual fixtures such as sinks and toilets.
- Check HVAC air filters and replace if necessary.
- If there were any severe weather events during the temporary closure, inspect the roof for signs of damage or pooling water.
- Ensure that the fire protection system (smoke detectors, sprinklers) is in proper working condition.
Address Any Damage
- Report damage and/or related expenses to your insurance company.
- Hire a licensed contractor to repair any damage.
Notify Service Providers and Partners That You Are Reopening
- Fire and security alarm monitoring companies
- Police department
- Insurance company
- Cleaning and landscaping services
- Customers and clientele
- Review equipment/machinery startup plan with all employees.
- Instruct employees to inspect their workspaces, tools, equipment and/or machinery used in their daily routine and report any damage to management.
- Meet with all staff to review the reopening and compile a log of actions to be taken.
While the administration continues to work with communities to implement best practices and protocols we will continue to share with you guidance from the CDC, FDA, OSHA and the Governor's office to follow as we prepare for reopening. Also, we at SERVPRO of Framingham know that not every business has access to the resources necessary to meet these strict guidelines. For those businesses, we are here to help!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
The Disaster Remediation Teams at SERVPRO of Framingham are specialists in cleaning services and we adhere to the highest cleaning and sanitation standards. We are prepared to clean and disinfect your home or business according to protocols set forth by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work of "normal, everyday cleaning". Call SERVPRO of Framingham today for a free consultation - (508) 370-4400.
All of us here at SERVPRO of Framingham want you and your loved ones to stay safe and know that we will make it through this together!