Hmmm....is that Mold?
Suspicion of hidden mold
You may suspect hidden mold if a building smells moldy, but you cannot see the source, or know there has been water damage. Mold may be hidden in places such as the
- back side of dry wall,
- the top side of ceiling tiles,
- the underside of carpets and pads, etc.
Other possible locations of hidden mold include areas
- inside walls around pipes (with leaking or condensing pipes),
- the surface of walls behind furniture (where condensation forms),
- inside ductwork
- in roof materials above ceiling tiles (due to roof leaks or insufficient insulation).
Investigating hidden mold problems
Investigating hidden mold problems may be difficult and will require caution when the investigation involves disturbing potential sites of mold growth. For example, removal of wallpaper can lead to a massive release of spores if there is mold growing on the underside of the paper. If you believe that you may have a hidden mold problem, please reach out to SERVPRO Framingham and we’ll take a look right away.